Monthly Rewind is exactly what it sounds like. A post to summarize the past month: Books read, my quick takes on them, top posts of the month, what I have been watching and what’s coming up. I will be linking up to Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s Monthly Wrap Up Round Up.
Break from Books
- There was the Super Bowl and it was a good game with a crappy outcome (BOO Patriots)
- We had a little snow which canceled school as well my husband’s flight. That left me without him for almost a whole week and it was awful.
- Valentine’s Day happened. The kids had cute parties at school. My husband brought us all yummy treats.
- We visited with family a lot this month which is always nice, especially when the kids see their great grandmothers.
- My daughter had her Kindergarten orientation and omg when did she get so big!
- My husband had his birthday which he hates to celebrate so I don’t 🙂 but we did see his family for some cake
- The weather was also pretty nuts. We had a snow storm in the beginning of the month and then had 70 degree weather towards the end. I prefer the warmer weather and being able to get outside with the kids – hope that keeps up into March!
Top 3 Reviews
Top 3 Non-Reviews
What I Read
The one that was my favorite: When We Collided
The one that was my second favorite: Parallel
The one that made me want to go to Tokyo: Seven Days of You
The one that I already read but now listened to: Bossypants
The one that makes me want to be friends wth the author: Scrappy Little Nobody
The one that is super important for everyone to read: The Hate U Give
The one that made me want to go glamping: My Not So Perfect Life
You can see my progress on the side bar and the books for each challenge here. On the Shelf Love budget I did ok because I got some sales/gift cards and such.
Tentative March TBR
These are the ARCs I want (need) to get to. I still have some older ones I need to fit in. I might just have to play catch up at some point in the summer with some of the ones I miss.
My baby turns 5 in March. I can’t believe it!! We have a friends and a family party going on for her. I also have to register her for kindergarten. Sersiouly can she stop growing up??? We also have other kids parties and I have some get togethers with friends. Looks like it should be a good month!